The G5C features the following:
- Hair Fibers imported from Japan
- Great backbone. The stiffer Japanese hair gives you backbone more similar to natural hair than nearly any synthetic.
- Ultra soft tips, even softer than the G5A.
- First FAN shape knot in the G5 lineup. This allows for the most splay of the G5 lineup too.
- Fan shape allows for minimal glue bump
- Retains water in a more efficient manner than traditional synthetics (consistent throughout the G5 lineup)
NOTE: These knots contain and inherently shorter height (approx. 65mm) compared to other synthetics (68mm). Keep this in mind when setting the knot, you'll need a slightly more shallow hole!
Base Diameter: 24mm (± 0.5 - 1mm)
There is a lot of subjectivity in describing a shave knot but I can truly say the combination of softness splay backbone and facefeel really come together with this knot. In my top three for synthetics.
I am really enjoying this knot. It has all the best features of a high quality badger knot with the all the best qualities of an excellent grade synthetic. If you are an animal hair user and want to explore synthetics. Then take a look at this. I will happily recommend this to anyone. Thanks again AP for a good knot.
While I prefer bulb knots, this knot is awesome and has all the attributes I love! With a 50mm loft, this knot loads and whips soap faster than all my other name-brand brushes. I’m talking noticeably and significantly faster! I love it as much as my G5B and Faux Boar knots
Turned handles for family members. Haven’t settled on my own. Knot definitely nicer than what’s has bee available from turning supply houses..
The G5C is a fabulous knot that is soft and with very nice backbone. One of the best synthetics that is superb in performance and feel. I also have another in 26mm. I highly recommend the G5C premium synthetic knots.