The G5A features the following:
- Natural-looking synthetic fibers imported from Germany
- The hair on the G5A is very similar to that of other big name high end synthetic knots. For reference, it’s most similar to the Omega EVO.
- This knot has been packed with SHD density to make it the denest possible knot for it’s size (20% more hair).
- Excellent backbone. This German hair uses a wavy style hair to clump the tips and gives it more backbone while still retaining that amazing synthetic softness. It’s a truly luxurious experience with this knot.
- Very soft tips (approx. very soft to above average softness compared to other synthetics)
- A common problem with the G4 knots you’ve seen on the market is that they tend to tangle in the center after use. This problem does not occur in the G5A hair!
-It retains water in a more efficient manner than traditional synthetics.
NOTE: These knots contain and inherently shorter height (approx. 65mm) compared to other synthetics (68mm). Keep this in mind when setting the knot, you'll need a slightly more shallow hole!
Base Diameter: 22mm (
± 0.5 - 1mm)
This knot is just awesome! Like all the G5 knots, the G5A whips up a lather quickly, has great backbone, soft tips, cleans up & dries quickly. This knot is just a little better than the G5B or C, IMO. I prefer its shape to the G5C, and it’s performance just a little better than the G5B. That being said, all the G5 knots are awesome, so if you don’t have or want to spend the money on a G5A, a G5B or C are still excellent choices! The G5 knots are the very best I’ve tried, my AP brushes blow the doors off all my Omega, PAA, Razorock, Semogue, Vikings Blade and Yaqi Brushes hands down!
The tips have a very soft feeling on the skin, similar to synthetics with less backbone.
Unfortunately I haven't tried it yet to get a complete picture of the knot. The glue bump gets wider just above the bottom glue. So although it's a 22mm and my handle was 23.5, it still doesn't fit.