The G5A features the following:
- Natural-looking synthetic fibers imported from Germany
- The hair on the G5A is very similar to that of other big name high end synthetic knots. For reference, it’s most similar to the Omega EVO, and similar to the Simpsons Platium Grade synthetic.
- This knot has been packed with SHD density to make it the denest possible knot for it’s size (20% more hair).
- Excellent backbone. This German hair uses a wavy style hair to clump the tips and gives it more backbone while still retaining that amazing synthetic softness. It’s a truly luxurious experience with this knot.
- Very soft tips (approx. very soft to above average softness compared to other synthetics)
- A common problem with the G4 knots you’ve seen on the market is that they tend to tangle in the center after use. This problem does not occur in the G5A hair!
-It retains water in a more efficient manner than traditional synthetics.
NOTE: These knots contain and inherently shorter height (approx. 65mm) compared to other synthetics (68-70mm). Keep this in mind when setting the knot, you'll need a slightly more shallow hole!
Base Diameter: 26mm (
± 0.5 - 1mm)
If you face lather, this is going to be as good as a synthetic is going to get. I do recognize that this one is priced higher than average but you're paying for a very plush & luxurious feel
Popped this in the AP 26mm black handle (17mm depth). Sat like a Chubby2 so I was good to go.
Tons of backbone, stiff but soft, but not too much splay. Maybe if it was mounted a nickel higher it would splay more.
Really stiff & have to work it on the face to build a lather. Oozes onto handle like a Trafalgar.
Good looking combo.