The G5C features the following:
- Hair Fibers imported from Japan
- Great backbone. The stiffer Japanese hair gives you backbone more similar to natural hair than nearly any synthetic.
- Ultra soft tips, even softer than the G5A.
- First FAN shape knot in the G5 lineup. This allows for the most splay of the G5 lineup too.
- Fan shape allows for minimal glue bump
- Retains water in a more efficient manner than traditional synthetics (consistent throughout the G5 lineup)
NOTE: These knots contain and inherently shorter height (approx. 65mm) compared to other synthetics (68-70mm). Keep this in mind when setting the knot, you'll need a slightly more shallow hole!
Base Diameter: 26mm (± 0.5 - 1mm)
This knot is the best I’ve tried for whipping up any lather. I haven’t had a single problem with it. I also want to take this opportunity to mention that Andrew went above and beyond as a business owner and made sure I was satisfied with my purchase. Highly recommend.
Great knot . Very soft and makes great lather . It has become my go to knot.
The service that Andrew provides is absolutely top notch and these g5c knots are incredible performers and for a great price point! I absolutely recommend AP Shave co for anyone e looking for a quality knot or handle.
I'm relatively new to wet shaving, I was using this Omega brush which was doing an OK job, and was told about AP Shave Co when researching alternatives.
Bought this knot with an AP400 handle, and was surprised at how well this worked out. This knot holds an impressive amount of soap and water. Put a couple teaspoons of soap in my bowl, and after a few minutes of whipping up a lather, most of the soap was absorbed into the brush. More than enough for several passes. Really soft too toward the end of my shaving session.
The G5C is by far, the best synthetic knot in my den. It feels like a good badger knot, but whips up a lather like a great synthetic knot. I have purchased 4 of these knots and expect to purchase more in the future. I replaced a V-12 Fanchurian with one of these knots.