The G5C features the following:
- Hair Fibers imported from Japan
- Great backbone. The stiffer Japanese hair gives you backbone more similar to natural hair than nearly any synthetic.
- Ultra soft tips, even softer than the G5A.
- First FAN shape knot in the G5 lineup. This allows for the most splay of the G5 lineup too.
- Fan shape allows for minimal glue bump
- Retains water in a more efficient manner than traditional synthetics (consistent throughout the G5 lineup)
NOTE: These knots contain and inherently shorter height (approx. 65-66mm) compared to other synthetics (70mm). Keep this in mind when setting the knot, you'll need a slightly more shallow hole!
Base Diameter: 28mm (± 0.5 - 1mm)
Fantastic knot. It is amazingly close to badger hair. Not sure how it's done, but if you are looking for a synthetic that replicates badger this is it.
I now have two of these knots, set as high as possible in their cut custom-made handles to allow as much splay as possible. No need to worry about it being floppy, there's plenty of backbone to support it, but the tips are like lathering with a cloud. These two brushes are well and truly the favourites in my small collection. There's only one thing I could want: I have a much-loved 30mm brush that could now do with a re-knot... (please 😃)
I consider this knot to be the best knot in my collection. It feels great on skin, soft but with decent backbone, has a good splay and holds enough lather for my three passes on face and two on head. Moreover it also looks good ;)
It has become my favorite synthetic knot ! Soft and makes great lather . Definitely a knot I recommend and will be buying again .
I’m not a huge synthetic knot guy. Yes they dry quick and have lower maintenance and cost but the feel is nowhere near the same. Then comes the G5C! Soft tips and great backbone! Doesn’t sling the lather all over and great face feel! I have a 26mm and a 28mm and couldn’t be happier!!!