A replica of the classic rubberset 400, but with a slimmer ferrule profile to accomodate smaller 20mm and 22mm knots.
All handles include the following:
- Made of 100% Aluminum
- Polished for a high quality finish
- Any AP Shave Co. Knot (not included, add-on price varies based on knot)
To add a knot - use the "Build a Brush" option above this description
- FREE Knot Setting (included with purchase of AP Shave Co. knot)
- Hole Size: 24mm
- Hole Depth: 17mm
- Length: 80mm
- Handles are made on via CNC lathe and may be subject to minor machine markings.
- Ferrule does not separate from the base like the original handle
Very well made and machined. The hole for the knot is very deep, I had to epoxy a 10mm spacer in it first so that my 20mm Kent knot sat up high enough. Also, this is made for up to 22mm knots, so again the epoxy had to fill the area so water isn't getting underneath. That said, I recommend this handle, it is certainly much nicer and more expensive looking and feeling than the typical resin/plastic handle that come with most brushes
The Rubberset 400 is one of my favourite shaving brush handle styles and the AP400 is true to it. The handle is beautifully made, well balanced and feels good in the hand. I combined my handle with a 20mm Gelousy bulb-shape knot and the combination works extremely well. In terms of price, quality and performance this brush can’t be beat even by brushes at twice the price.